Exact quote from the Tigers radio announcers at the bottom of the 4th (after CC was removed):
“Well, we’re back in Detroit and this is uh, this is uh, [laughs] this is something.”
Also, in case you forgot (I did), this is Max Scherzer:
And yes there is nothing actually wrong with people with heterochromia, but it does somehow seem like a symptom of how cursed this ALCS has been for the Yankees that they spent half their elimination looking completely helpless at the hands of a guy who might have been considered a witch a few centuries back. (Sorry, Bee!)
This seems like an appropriate lead in to this week’s links, which are all kinds of weird, fun, and vaguely associated with witches (or at least, Halloween):
- Once, I did a series of ill-advised NBA previews in haiku. I like this guy’s Presidential Previews (where each NBA team is matched with an American President) much better. [No Regard for Human Life]
- Be Ryan Lochte for Halloween! [Shift/Buzzfeed]
- The Fug Girls tackle some of the recent “special” college football uniforms. With apologies to our own Minda and CuteSports, WTF was going on in that Nebraska-Wisconsin game? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Um, Nats? Orioles? Stealing money from your fans is not the way to build on a promising season. [Deadspin]
- Some Greek soccer teams have accepted sponsorships from local brothels to stay afloat. Well, they say prostitution is a recession-proof business. [Jezebel]
- A great article about Natalie Nakase, who wants to be the first female coach in the NBA, and what she’s doing to get her foot in the door. (OK, this one’s not fun/weird/vaguely associated with witches. It’s just an awesome story.)[ESPNW]
I forgot to mention how gobsmacked I was when I saw this pic. When I saw him pitch last week and noticed his eyes, I thought my TV was having issues.
Excuse my English is not so good.
If the eyes are real?
Looks totally sweet!
very best regards from Germany