Yeah, I think I just started another new feature. Here’s five favourite things that got me through the week, and a thing or two that I’m looking forward to this weekend:
1) Mike Cammalleri is back in Calgary! Of course, this is on account of possibly one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory. It’s a big hot mess in Montreal right now, between Cammalleri speaking his mind, a new coach triggering a language controversy (sigh…) and the general suckage of the Habs. It’s not fun to be a Canadiens fan right now.
2) FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL! I am obviously all over the Giants/Packers matchup on Sunday, even though the talk of the town has been Broncos/Pats. But why haven’t we talked much about Saints-49ers? Because seeing San Francisco return to the postseason for the first time since 2002 should be kind of a big deal, no?
3) 30 Rock is back! Liz Lemon as a Timeless Torch? That’s hardly a dealbreaker.
4) Today marked 37 days until pitchers and catchers report. Sadly, Jesus Montero will not be reporting to Steinbrenner Field…but Michael Pineda will!
5) And again with the NBC clips. But this could not be helped: