I blithely commented on last week’s post that I might have to do another edition of DL’d Hotties, the way this season was going. Little did I know that it might have to be this week. Our beloved ROY cutie Buster Posey looks to be out for who knows how long after sustaining a fractured leg and torn ligaments in a collision at the plate last night. Already discussions have begun about whether it’s time to change the rules about blocking the plate/running into the catcher.
So that’s the bad. And the ugly. Which means the only links left are good, so check them out!
- The Phillies and Reds epic 19 inning game yesterday featured an unlikely pitching performance.
- This, in turn gave rise to a Baseball Nation discussion about the funniest non-pitcher pitching stints.
- Mariano Rivera became the first pitcher to appear in 1,000 games with the same franchise yesterday. Congrats, Mo!
- Barry Bonds did something nice. Really.
- Female IndyCar drivers are nothing new. But women in the pit crew are a different story.