1. Earliest sports memory of my dad: Playing wiffle ball at the shore, using the house next door to ours as a backstop.
2. Watching the ninth inning of Game 6 of the 1993 NLCS and running out to the car to honk the horn when
3. Going to a Mariners game at the Kingdome on a vacation of the . My dad bought me a really nice fitted Mariners cap with their then-new compass logo on it.
4. Having dinner and watching the Phillies in the Diamond Club at the Vet. I remember whoever pitched that game kept throwing to first and my mom kept getting more and more annoyed.
5. Watching him schmooze with the other parents at my Sunday afternoon crew races in high school.
6. Blowing off an afternoon of school my senior year and going down to the Phillies ticket sales office to get tickets. That was special because my parents never, ever let me miss school.
7. Drinking Sam Adams Light and singing “Fly, Eagles, Fly” and “Skol Vikings” no matter what game we’re watching on Sunday.