Except for San Diego, the institutions of the WCC don’t play football, so I can’t say I have much use for the conference in general, but being of Catholic extraction, I do feel obligated to dispense a few facts before commencing the sexytime stare-down.
- The 2007 WCC tournament begins on March 1 at the Chiles Center in Portland.
- Gonzaga holds the regular-season conference title after last night’s win over San Diego.
- However, several pundits (aww, the WCC has pundits! How droll!) point to Santa Clara’s margins of victory throughout the season and predict the Broncos will take the tournament trophy.
- San Francisco’s entire team has been disqualified from All-Conference Hottie Team contention due to the background in their roster headshots.
- Saint Mary’s roster boasts a player named Tron. Outstanding.
On with the meat parade:
G Pierre Marie Altidor-Cespedes (Gonzaga)
G Wayne Hunter (Saint Mary’s)
F Scott Dougherty (Santa Clara)
F Yusef Smith (Saint Mary’s)
C Max Craig (Loyola Marymount)