* Pat Burrell is returning to his old college stomping grounds this week. First Hurricane Rexy, now this? How much more can the ladies of Florida withstand? [Burrell recalls college days]
* Michael Barrett thanks his lucky stars he’s a Cub, will throw a punch for the team anytime. (maybe that last part is my wishful thinking) [Barrett keeping focus on season]
* Huston Street’s bod has apparently reported to spring training looking even better this year than last. The women of America ask: how is that even possible? [Athletics Team Notes]
Thank you sir, may I have some more?
* David Beckham’s yearly base salary is actually $5.5MM, not one bajillion dollars as previously reported. Posh rethinks naming their fourth kid “Galaxy” in retaliation. [Beckham’s deal worth about $27.5M]
* Jeff Samardasjfbndagvnadja (aka Samardzija) tossed pitches in Arizona on Saturday. That’s not a euphemism. [Miller, Samardzija also draw attention in live batting practice]
* Drew Stanton outscores Brady Quinn… on the Wonderlic, 35-29. Michigan State hailed as academic powerhouse. Chris Leak and his 8 score hide in a corner. [NFL Quarterback Wonderlic Scores]