Apparently I’ll be your resident soccer-hottie provider during the Advent Calendar of Hotness. But that’s ok by me, since the pool of potential yummitude is pretty big. They wear a lot less clothes then football players, have gorgeous thighs, tooshes and abs and since soccer is bigger in europe, the paparazzi photos abound.
So today’s hottie is frenchman Thierry Henry. A player for the 1998 World Cup-winning French National Team, Henry played in Italy, for Premier League side Arsenal and in Spain with Barcelona. But happily for us American Ladies… he’s recently brought his smile (and talent) to Red Bull New York of the MLS.
Henry might not knock your socks off like Marco Boriello did, but there’s something about the facial parentheses he gets when he smiles that just makes him so darn adorable.
Follow the jump for more of that killer smile as well as some shirtless action.
I completely failed to post yesterday, so pardon my out of order post. But never say we withheld a hottie from you. So a day late and a dollar short, here’s Day 10’s hottie Iker Casillas.
He’s the captain of both Real Madrid and the Spanish National Team and he’s a goalie. He’s the most capped goalkeeper in UEFA history, the most capped player in Spanish National Team history and the most capped goalkeeper in Real Madrid history – and he’s just 30 years old.
Before we talk about how damn cute Iker is, I have to mention what a damn amazing goalie he is.
Here’s a bit of his “greatest hits:”
All those saves are sexy as hell, but he’s got the mug to back it up.
Follow the jump for more Spanish soccer studery
I thought I’d change it up a bit and give you today’s hottie as a bit of an after-work, pre-dinner apertif.
I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t try to ever-expand your knowledge of world soccer hotties, so today’s ACoH entrant is AS Roma’s Marco Boriello.
LScruff, a suit, a mischievous grin and those adorable eye crinkles? Be still my Going-To-Italy-in-May heart!
Jump with me to see what else is in store…
I didn’t mention Rosetti was going to ref, did I? We need a refs’ edition of tour o’ sex.
One goal, one piece of shoddy defending, one missing headband and one keeper who didn’t beat a man to death.
Need a reason to support the Germans today? Oliver Bierhoff. Done.
Most overused post title ever? Why, yes.
Regardless, here are three reasons why Spain can kiss my blessed behind:
- My pre-tourney predictions had Spain going out in the quarters. At literally every single stage of this thing I’d be all ‘Spain? pfffft! NEVER!’ and then they’d go beat Italy and make me look like a complete dumbass. Looking over our guest Ladies’ predictions now, only Martha tipped them to win the thing, actually. Everyone else had them going out in the quarter like I did.
- I can’t really get behind a team that has Aragones at the helm. Sorry. Not in a million years.
- Ramos, Puyol and Torres all make the case for the importance of a decent haircut. Torres, you especially. Your hair can really tell me how my ass tastes.
Join me and the ladies over at This Is Extra Time for the live-blog at 2:30PM ET.
A child, I tell you. Not a day past puberty.
Russia and Spain today in the semifinal.
I have exactly nothing invested in this match and so don’t really have much to say other than three things:
1. That Andrei Arshavin fellow looks about 12. Hair included.
2. The power better not go out again or I’m punching someone and then taking a bat to my TV.
3. Guus Hiddink. That’s all I’m saying: Hiddink. That and the Spanish are a bit overdue for a crashing out, don’t you think?
Live-blogging the match once again over at This Is Extra Time at 2PM ET. Join me and such.
This is Rustu Recber.
When a lady finds herself subscribing to the ‘I started it; I might as well finish it’ philosophy to get through a match or is reduced her lowest possible ‘well, someone better take of their shirt, at least…’ moment, there are issues with a tournament.
Especially when no one does.
[Dame's note: Or does and is wearing an undershirt.]