Yeah, okay. Go back to Steeltown… or wherever the hell.
Last night the Toronto Argonauts lost their home opener.
Ticats’ owner, Bob Young on Hamilton’s win: “We’re the blue-collar team from down the road, and to beat up on all these white-collar guys is great. The fact that I’m actually a white-collar guy doesn’t matter.”
Do you hear yourself, Bob? Yeah, because you kind of sound like an asshole.
I didn’t mention Rosetti was going to ref, did I? We need a refs’ edition of tour o’ sex.
One goal, one piece of shoddy defending, one missing headband and one keeper who didn’t beat a man to death.
Need a reason to support the Germans today? Oliver Bierhoff. Done.
Most overused post title ever? Why, yes.
Regardless, here are three reasons why Spain can kiss my blessed behind:
- My pre-tourney predictions had Spain going out in the quarters. At literally every single stage of this thing I’d be all ‘Spain? pfffft! NEVER!’ and then they’d go beat Italy and make me look like a complete dumbass. Looking over our guest Ladies’ predictions now, only Martha tipped them to win the thing, actually. Everyone else had them going out in the quarter like I did.
- I can’t really get behind a team that has Aragones at the helm. Sorry. Not in a million years.
- Ramos, Puyol and Torres all make the case for the importance of a decent haircut. Torres, you especially. Your hair can really tell me how my ass tastes.
Join me and the ladies over at This Is Extra Time for the live-blog at 2:30PM ET.
A child, I tell you. Not a day past puberty.
Russia and Spain today in the semifinal.
I have exactly nothing invested in this match and so don’t really have much to say other than three things:
1. That Andrei Arshavin fellow looks about 12. Hair included.
2. The power better not go out again or I’m punching someone and then taking a bat to my TV.
3. Guus Hiddink. That’s all I’m saying: Hiddink. That and the Spanish are a bit overdue for a crashing out, don’t you think?
Live-blogging the match once again over at This Is Extra Time at 2PM ET. Join me and such.
This is Rustu Recber.
When a lady finds herself subscribing to the ‘I started it; I might as well finish it’ philosophy to get through a match or is reduced her lowest possible ‘well, someone better take of their shirt, at least…’ moment, there are issues with a tournament.
Especially when no one does.
[Dame's note: Or does and is wearing an undershirt.]
Italy will square off against Spain in today’s fourth quarterfinal at Euro.
Will David Villa and his penciled in facial hair manage to run up the score like he’s been doing all tourney long?
Only time will tell.
The ladies are live-blogging the match once again over at This Is Extra Time at 2:30PM ET.
Don’t stretch too hard now, Porcelain.
The Netherlands will take on Russia in today’s third quarterfinal at Euro.
Robin van Persie here found it in his fragile little bones to manage 90 minutes against Romania the other day. He may very well crack at any moment. In fact, I’d advise Van Basten to do the wise thing and wrap the boy in bubblewrap now while the going’s good.
As for the Russians, they’re the reason Freddie Ljungberg’s not in this anymore so they can pretty much kiss my ass. Although, they do have nutter Guus Hiddink at the helm so I suppose I shouldn’t count them out just yet.
Join me over at This Is Extra Time at 2:30PM ET for the live-blog.