My brain is pretty much in the same place as whoever was responsible for that little mistake there, so links it is! Luckily there’s some good stuff you may have missed.
- In the wake of Brett Lawrie’s temper tantrum and suspension, an intriguing argument that he should have directed his anger at Jose Molina and his skill at framing pitches. [Baseball Nation]
- I honestly had no idea what was going on in the EPL this season until getting pulled into Grantland’s coverage of the chaotic final day of games, culminating in Manchester City’s first title in 44 years. Definitely one of those “this is why sports are awesome” moments. [Grantland]
- When sports are not awesome — Osi Umenyiora decides to diss a rival player by wishing him Happy Mother’s Day on Twitter. Fortunately, Sarah Spain hands out a righteous smackdown not only of Osi, but of everyone who still thinks calling a guy a girl is an insult. [ESPNW] (h/t CuteSports)
- Are you a woman with dreams of being an MLB GM? Meet Kim Ng, the odds on favorite to be the first to crack that particular glass ceiling. [Fox Sports]
- An apparently convincing discussion about banning college football. (Three caveats: 1)I have not had a chance to watch this video yet (it’s almost two hours long), 2) NYU, where this discussion took place, doesn’t even have a college football team, 3)Buzz Bissinger is in it. Sorry.) [Wiz of Odds]
It’s almost the weekend — just remember to check your chyrons for 48 more hours and you’ll be fine.