I’m currently homebound with day two of the dreaded “flu-like symptoms.” I’ve reached the point where I physically still feel terrible but mentally I’m bored and over it and would just like some entertainment that is no more challenging than pressing buttons on my laptop. (And also allows for frequent nap breaks.)
To that end, here’s some of what I’ve been looking at today:
- Some of my favorite pop culture bloggers take the time to rank the top 16 of the men’s Australian open bracket by hotness.
- There are only 16 former Expos remaining in the majors. Who will be the last one standing?
- Ed Hochuli’s overtime rules in verse.
- If you aren’t reading Wendy Thurm’s work for SBNation, you’re missing some great posts on women and baseball. Last week, she tackled the MLB Fan Cave. Her post on what the new replay rules might mean for women umpires is intriguing as well.
- This is a few weeks old, but I’ve reread Rob Neyer’s takedown of the “integrity” argument for keeping steroids users out of the Hall of Fame a few times now and still enjoy it.
- Grantland posted their favorite Super Bowl commercials. I don’t really understand why they used the second Google commercial instead of the one from the year before (the second was cute, but being second, didn’t have the “what a cool concept” factor), but other than that I can’t argue with any of these.
Enjoy – and may your Thursday feature less waves of nausea than mine.