We here at Ladies… are not the most dutiful of bloggers when it comes to the NBA, particularly at the beginning of the season. Hey, if you start your season at the same time as the start of hockey season, the World Series, and peak college and NFL football action, you’re going to have to really stick out to get us to pay attention. Still, now that we are roughly 10 games in, there are a few things you might want to know about if you were too busy cyber-stalking Buster Posey to flip on TNT.
3 Teams Doing Better Than You May Have Expected
1. New Orleans (8-1)
2. Golden State (7-4)
3. New Jersey (4-6) I know, but this is actually good enough for 2nd in the Atlantic division right now. Yay, Eastern Conference!
3 Teams Doing Worse Than You Might Have Imagined
1. Miami (6-4) Where is the dominant, world destroying team we were promised? Oh, still in LA and Boston.
2.LA Clippers (1-10) Weren’t the Clips supposed to be at least a tiny bit better with Griffin?
Early ROY Candidate
John Wall. Before his recent sprained ankle, he was averaging 18.1 points per game, 9.8 assists, and leading the league in steals (3.25). There is no truth to the rumor he was injured in a Gilbert Arenas prank gone horribly wrong.
1. The Charlotte Hornets are 1-4 at home, but 3-3 on the road.
2. The Utah Jazz just concluded a stretch where they won consecutive games after trailing by 18, 22, 18, 11, and 19 points, respectively.
3. The Knicks had to postpone a game against the Magic after “possible asbestos material” fell into the arena during a routine cleaning of the roof. This is somehow simultaneously bizarre and completely typical.
Are you all following the nascent NBA season? Are you one of those wait until the playoffs people? Or are you like these poor college Jeopardy students who are too busy with their studies to learn about Tim Duncan (via Ball Don’t Lie)?