* It was a silver Sunday for Joe Mauer, who received the silver bat commemorating his 2006 AL batting crown in yesterday’s pregrame, with Rod Carew looking on. He also received his Silver Slugger award (along with fellow Twins hottie Justin Morneau). [If only they could have gotten him to accept wearing a silver loincloth]
* David Carr tells us something we already knew: the Texans don’t know what the hell they’re doing. [Getting shown up by Vince Young twice last year couldn't have been fun]
* The little Athletic that could, Marco Scutaro, comes out of nowhere with a three-run walk-off HR to beat the Yankees. Apparently, the A’s aren’t content with being the team with the most hotties in all of baseball, they’re looking to be the hottest team in all of baseball, too. [Marco Off The Pole-o]
* Jeremy Bloom is glad to be playing in Pennsylvania, which allows him to focus on football without all those pesky beautiful mountains and countryside getting in the way. [The ugly only makes him stronger]
* And what would a Texas Gal-penned Hit and Run be without a Pat Burrell update? A last minute road trip put me in Philly on Saturday to witness The Bat’s great protection of Ryan Howard at the plate, and his typical suckage on defense. [The Philly fans made it rain with boos for Pat] In related news, the Sabermetrics of Pat look positive – but Sooze and me are gonna rumble. (that was one bad picture, S!)
What’s more exciting than watching Pat flub another catch? 30 hot, hot rounds of NFL Draft action, courtesy of Awful Announcing and a big ol’ mess of sports bloggers. Fresh content every 15 minutes!